Javier Forero (former member)
Javier has always had music in his family, his father is a pianist and singer and has been performing on Costa del Sol for many years. Supported by his father, Javier started his musical journey at the age of 14, studying piano at the Conservatory of Music in Fuengirola. 3 years later Javier started to play the drums, an instrument he could really identify with.
Between the age of 18 and 24 he played in many different musical projects of different styles: Blues, Flamenco, Funky, Tango Argentino, Rock, etc.
When he was 25 he went to study combo-jazz at a musical workshop (2002-2003) in Barcelona. At the return to Malaga he started playing in different Jazz projects: Marcelo Sáenz trío-quartet, The blend jazz band, Málaga Jazz Quintet.
He played with these bands at various Jazz festivals:
- 2nd and 6th international jazz festival of Marbella . With Carlos Pino Quartet and Marcelo Sáenz Quartet.
- 19th jazz festival of Málaga (Teatro Cervantes) With Málaga jazz quintet.
- Jazz Festival of Montilla ( Córdoba ) “ Montijazz” accompanying Suzette Moncrief.
- 17th Session of young jazz in the University of Málaga. “ Jazz con sonido de mujer”.
- Jazz Festival of Carboneras ( Almería ) with Electrik’Up. With Diego Suarez on piano, Jose Antonio Serrano “Jonny” on bass and Rafael Águila on saxofone.
Recently Javier joined Auralyn Waves on drums, giving the band an interesting sound through his rhythmic diversity.